Convoy 2 bluetooth connection problems
Convoy2User

We have 48 Convoy 2 phones. Three of these need to use bluetooth. All three of the Convoy 2 phones that need to use bluetooth have problems staying connected to their paired devices. Two of the phones need to connect to Jawbone headsets. We have carefully followed instructions and factory reset the the Jawbones then paired them with the Covoy 2. The connections drop off/on dozens of times per day. The connection distance is only two feet. The third phone has a bluetooth connection to a Jeep Command Center for hands free phone use while driving. It has a connection distance of less than two feet. It drops the connection but does not auto reconnect. One must turn the Convoy 2 off/on to reconnect.

Has anyone else experienced bluetooth problems with the Convoy 2? Any suggestion regarding the Jawbones? These are expensive two year old headsets with bluetooth v2.0. The Convoy 2 has bluetooth v2.1, which is supposed to be backward compatible with earlier bluetooth versions.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Convoy 2 bluetooth connection problems
convoy2blueant

I have the same problem - Convoy 2 is less than 90 days old, BlueAnt Q2 (purchased For the phone since the old headset, 2+ year old Jawbone didn't understand the Phonebook protocol) drops connection frequently during a day's use.  Sometimes it will go for hours without complaining (wearing phone and headset, not walking away from headset which is understandable), sometimes "your phone is connected / disconnected") 3 times in 20 minutes - still wearing both, sitting at my desk.

I would love to hear if there is a solution for this since it appears to be on the phone side not the bluetooth as we're talking about two different headset brands, and I've verified current software / firmware on both phone and headset.

0 Likes
Convoy2User

Does anyone from Verizon read these posts?

Turns out there is a Verizon Bluetooth website: here. The model of Jawbone with which we are having difficulty is not on the list of devices for the Convoy 2. Does this mean it is not compatible? We purchased the Jawbones (JBT03 and JBT04) in August 2009. The specs of these models say they are compatible with bluetooth v2.1 phones, That's the same version of bluetooth used by the Convoy 2. These Jawbones worked fine with the Verizon phones replaced by the Convoy 2. By the way, we tried pairing the Convoy 2 with a recent Motorola headset. Like the Jawbones, the communication between the Motorola headset and the Convoy 2 phone spontaneously switched off/on dozens of times per day.

0 Likes
Convoy2User

Since there is no solution, we have decided to return the 3 of our 48 Convoy 2 phones that need to use bluetooth. We will try a non Samsung phone.

0 Likes