Convoy 3 texting font size
swflatt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I JUST ACTIVATED MY CONVOY 3, AND NOTICED THAT WHEN I ENTER TEXT IN A MESSAGE, THE FONT IS VERY SMALL.

WHEN I SWITCH BETWEEN  "NORMAL AND LARGE FONT SIZE"  IN THE SETTINGS, THERE IS NO CHANGE.  I NOTICED IN THE REVIEWS ON VERIZONS WEB SITE THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM, SOME ARE NOT. IS THERE A FIRMWARE UPDATE FOR THIS PRODUCT?  I DID GET AN UPDATE FROM VERIZON, BUT NO CHANGES WERE MADE. I WON'T BE ABLE TO USE THIS PHONE AS IT IS.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Convoy 3 texting font size
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

swflatt, I understand your concern as the small font can make it tough to text. I did double check the software update information and I'm showing that you currently downloaded the latest version available from the manufacturer. The next best thing to do a Hard Reset on the phone and see if it will make a change. To do this you will click on this link http://vz.to/Kpc0r3 and click physical device issues for reset settings. How long ago was the phone purchased? Keep us posted and let us know if it works to find the next path for resolution. Thanks!

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Convoy 3 texting font size
swflatt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your response. I had customer support from Samsung advise the hard reset as well, and it did not work. The font does not change from "normal (which is incredibly small) to large". There i no difference between the two settings. There are other glitches as well, one of which is when you flip the phone open from time to time, the screen stays black,  until i press a key. Very disappointed. I am switching back to my Convoy 2, which is 2 years old and love it. Not sure how much longer it will last, but the Convoy 3 is unusable at this point. And unfortunately I used my discounted upgrade on this phone that I won't be able to use, and really can't afford to pay full price to try something else, especially after paying the activation fee for this one. Again very disappointed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

i'm sorry to see that, swflatt. As Wilton asked, how long ago was the device purchased? I can see that it was just activated on the 1st. If it was purchased less than 14 days ago, you can return the device and exchange it for one that suits your needs.

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
swflatt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately, i ordered before the holidays, and didn’t change over until the 1st, so i guess I’m stuck with my old phone. This is such
a bad product, I cannot believe they would release these as they are. Very disappointed

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you say you ordered the phone before the holidays, do you mean Thanksgiving or Christmas?  If you bought it between Black Friday and Christmas, you should still be able to return or exchange it, i.e.,

All device and accessory purchases made between 11/28/13 and 12/25/13 may be returned or exchanged through 1/15/14.

If you purchase a device or accessory from Verizon Wireless between 11/28/13 and 12/25/13 and we offer it at a lower price, we will match the lower price through 1/15/14. Depending on how you purchased your device or accessory, simply contact us as soon as you see the price difference in one of the following ways:

• If you purchased online at VerizonWireless.com and we offer a lower price online, call 800-922-0204.
  • If you purchased in our store and the store is now offering a lower price, return to the store.
  • If you purchased from us over the phone and we offer a lower advertised price, call 800-922-0204.

All other provisions of Verizon Wireless' Return and Exchange Policy still apply.

0 Likes
swflatt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I purchased on 12/14 13... I will try returning it ... thank you

Email info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
swflatt
Enthusiast - Level 2

i purchased this phone as part of my upgrade, with a 2 year agreement. if i return the phone, will i still be eligable for another phone at the upgrade/discounted rate?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can return the phone or exchange it; there's a $35 restocking fee.  If you return it, you should revert back to month-to-month and therefore be eligible for a discounted phone whenever you want to again sign a two-year contract.

0 Likes
IslandCreek

>>Duplicate post removed to comply with the .  See <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes