Cosmo 3 not recognizing microSD card old content
rkdouglas

I have a question/problem similar to one previously posted here but slightly different.

I upgraded from LG Cosmo 2 to LG Cosmo 3. The microSD card I was using in the Cosmo 2 had pics and ringtones on it. When I insert the card in the Cosmo 3 it does not recognize any content on the card. If I connect the phone to my laptop in USB mode I can see all the pics and ringtones on the card, which is in the phone. I tried moving the card content to the phone memory but it still did not recognize the files. If I move a new pic from the phone memory to the card, the phone recognizes that. How do I get the phone to recognize the old content on the card? Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cosmo 3 not recognizing microSD card old content
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Different phones (even updated models from the same manufacturer, like the Cosmos 2 to the Cosmos 3) use different formatting; copy the data to your computer, then format the card in the phone (erasing all the data), then copy the files back to the appropriate folders on the newly formatted card.  The phone should then be able to find the files on the correctly formatted card.

View solution in original post

rkdouglas

Addendum here: I connected the phone to my laptop in USB mode again and copied the files from the card folders to the phone folders. So now the pics and ringtones show up in the phone menus, but I still don't know why the phone doesn't recognize the old content on the card.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Different phones (even updated models from the same manufacturer, like the Cosmos 2 to the Cosmos 3) use different formatting; copy the data to your computer, then format the card in the phone (erasing all the data), then copy the files back to the appropriate folders on the newly formatted card.  The phone should then be able to find the files on the correctly formatted card.

rkdouglas

Thanks SuzyQ, that took care of the problem.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Awesome!  Glad I was able to help!

0 Likes