Cosmo Touch
estoddard

My phone keeps screwing up. Sometimes when i go in to view a message it takes me to another persons message instead of the one i want. yesterday i viewed a message from my husband and replied back. waited and didnt get a message back, called him to find out he never got it so i checked my messages and found i texted it to my sister instead of him when i hit reply to message under his name. its been messing up since i got this phone ( well this brand ) this is the 3rd time i have replaced these phones. first one was turning on and off the second one i was recieveing blank messages and now . this one is starting to act up and every now and then after sending a message it turns off then back on. i still have til feb til i get a new one.  i update my phone every month i just dont know why its acting up again thanks....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cosmo Touch
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't know why either, but it may be low on memory.  The text messages are using the phone's internal memory and if there are too many text messages, things may get funky.  Regularly delete messages so there is a limited number stored on the phone.  Pull the battery (with the phone on) every so often just to give the phone a fresh start, and that may help keep the memory cleared as well.

0 Likes
Re: Cosmo Touch
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello estoddard, 

I can imagine the frustration that this has caused!  This issue was previously reported to LG and a software update was developed.  The newest software version should read VN251ZV3.  To check the software version on your phone go to Menu>Settings and Tools>Phone Info>SW/HW Version>SW Version.  If outdated you can pull the update in the same Settings and Tools Menu.  Please keep me posted on the status as I would be glad to provide additional support.

Thank You,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes