Cosmos 2 vn251zv4 Update Changes?
rokky
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife's Cosmos 2 just got this OTA update today, and the notice on the phone states info is available at www.verizonwireless.com/cosmos2support, but of course that fails: "The page you are trying to reach is temporarily unavailable or the page may no longer exist.".    Maybe all the Cosmos 2 owners are just killing the site for that info - yeah, right.   Anyone have any pointers to what this update updated?

TIA

R

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cosmos 2 vn251zv4 Update Changes?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi rokky,

Let's get this figured out! Were you unable to complete the update? Please advise your current software version:Menu>Settings & Tools>Phone Info>SW/HW Version. Additionally, here is the support link for your device:http://vz.to/UKTxnU .I am confident this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rokky
Enthusiast - Level 2

As I wrote, it got the OTA update (as in, 'yes, it fiinished').  What I want to know is the change log for that update, so I know whether to look for new features (or "compensate" for deleted ones).

As I recall from the message on the phone's screen as it was about to start the update (and for few minutes after I think), it specified that I could find that info at "www.verizonwireless.com/cosmos2support"  - that link is still broken.

TIA

0 Likes
clive_49
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here it is July 2 and the support page (www.verizonwireless.com/cosmos2support) we were told to go to is not available. Just got my latest update and was also interested in what the enhancements mentioned might be.

TIA

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Clive_49,

Thanks for reaching out to us about your current update. The latest update update had one enhancement. We do not post this info publicly. This is the enhancement:

-New display driver added for detecting LCD type, and separate initialization routine for each LCD

I hope this information helps out. If you need anything else, feel free to let us know.

Bobby_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
clive_49
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your reply. Regards, Bruce McCall

0 Likes