Cosmos VN250: 7770000001 data message from verizon wrecked my phone. I have an old plan that Verizon really wants to end. Even though I have data messages blocked, this number was sent to my phone by Verizon and while trying to receive it, it broke.
phoneuser009
Has anyone had any kind of issue with their phone breaking after getting a message from Verizon, thereby requiring them to get a new phone, and hence, a new plan, that will be more expensive?  I have an old plan, the Singlerate West 300 that they have been trying to get me off of for years.  It's a great deal.  Yesterday, after coming back into the country, my phone started to retrieve a message from 7770000001, which I found online is from VCAST/Verizon, and while trying to retrieve it, the screen suddenly failed so that now only the top quarter of the screen is visible, making it impossible to text or see contacts.  I've been working on it on-line and with Verizon all day and my only options will all lead to me getting a new plan that is more expensive, even if I replace it with the same phone.  New rule - you can't renew an old plan if it's not currently being offered.  Is Verizon sending out software that can ruin a phone requiring a new one, with a new plan that's more expensive?
Labels (1)
0 Likes