Re: Current UNLIMITED data plan...
nmyukon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm paying $30 and I dont see myself paying any more.  I usually use about 2GB of my unlimited data plan, the only time that I go over the 2GB and usually top out around 4GB is when I travel once or twice a year.  Its just nice not having to worry about going over and getting extra $100 bill.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Of course I feel the same way, but the problem lies with the model in relation to usage of their customers.  There is going to be a fine point where unlimited at a higher price no one will pay for it.

0 Likes
nmyukon
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is what it is not too worry, it just funny that now they have upgrade fee and activation fee ( which used to be waved). For now I can get sprint with no upgrade or activation fees thats $200 for 5 lines.

Tidbits
Legend

Of course they'll do that one time.  Sprint need more customers.  Personally I will never go back to Sprint even if their prices are 1/2 of what they are now for various reasons.

T-Mobile is the only other company I would go to if they had the coverage I need which they don't.

0 Likes
runrundave

I upgraded my phone this summer, and i called verizon and told of them of my issue. it wanted me to get a new data plan to get the 4G phone. i said i wanted the phone but i was not willing to let go of my unlimited plan. the rep said i had been a longstanding customer and i deserved to keep that plan. an he did some hocus pocus as i did what he told me to online an then BAM i had new phone an kept my plan. =D i am actually quite pleased with thier support if you just ask. of course you wont get to keep your plan if you just upgrade on your own. you hafta call verizon an hope you get an awesome rep named phil.

0 Likes
albert0980

It really depends on the area you live in. At home, I have Time Warner Cable Turbo Internet with Wifi, at work there's wifi, most of the restaurants I go to have wifi, as well as most major retailers now have wifi. The city of San Antonio is also providing free wifi in different areas of the city.  So, with all those wifi connections, I find that really, the only time I'm not connected to wifi is when driving listening to aha radio or Pandora. Which amounts to less than 3 GB/Month. So, even with an added tablet I plan to get, a 4 GB or 6 GB is really all I now need. Now, if you live in an area that doesn't have all that many wifi hotspots, then I can see why losing the Grandfathered Unlimited Data Plan may seem like a nightmare.

0 Likes
willgmd81

>Duplicate posted deleted. You can follow your post at the thread you started at the following link,

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/915373#915373

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Good luck with that. No carrier around the world except the US offer unlimited data. It's no surprise carriers are going to phase it out here. Even Sprint went on record they are going to drop it soon. T Mobile offers unlimited with throttle or without(current promotion), but realistically they'll drop it when they start getting heavy into LTE development.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yep any company where the average use would be 100 GB a month would have a very cruddy service.

0 Likes
acraftylady1
Contributor - Level 1

What did we ever do before we had internet and access on all these devices?  Stay home and read I guess, he he.  Mary

0 Likes