Data Transfering - Pictures, etc.
forjonny

How can I browse on my phone with my computer with my data cord?

I have Windows 7 and m;y phone is a LG Exalt flip phone. I have the right data cable plugged into the computer. I have it in usb mode right now. It shows up as a drive letter.  So what's next. The drive letter says that there is nothing in the phone there.

I have installed something that showed up when I plugged in the phone initially.  I have pictures on the phone that is in a 2 GB stick that I have installed into the phone recently.I found something on the phone called Verizon SWUpgradeAssistant launcher that I ran from the phone.Then I downloaded something called LG VZW United WHQL v2.10.1.msi that was on the phone. Neither install did anything at all.
Still nothing shows up on the phone like my pictures. So what is the data cord good for if it does not work in modem mode or usb mode?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data Transfering - Pictures, etc.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

With the SD card installed in the phone, and the USB cord connecting it to your computer, you can browse the contents of the SD card (if you have taken any pics and saved them to the card, for example); the phone will show up as a drive letter, and the SD card folders will be shown.  You can transfer pics taken with the phone to your computer, or transfer pics from your computer to the SD card to use as wallpapers, music, ringtones, etc.

In some cases, the USB cord can also function as a charging cable.

As far as using it as a modem for you  computer - I don't know. I think you have to have a data plan or a tethering plan in order to use the phone as a modem,

0 Likes
Pavalot

I plugged my Exalt into my MacBook Pro, then a readme.txt file came up, which I read…  It said the camera supports 2 Windows OS, XP & another, but I don't think is said Windows 7…  I haven't installed a mini SD card yet, but I'm going to do that & try again.  (per SuzyQ)

0 Likes
Not applicable

The only way I ever was able to get pictures off a "dumb" phone was:

Move all photos to the SD card.

Remove SD card and place in an adapter.  Plug into SD card slot and import pictures to gallery on computer.

0 Likes
SoJersey

Put your LG Exalt VN360 into USB Mode (1st: Tools & settings...9 USB Mode...= Mass storage, 2nd: Tools & settings...3. Tools... USB Mass Storage). Connect via usb cable and PC should see memory in phone as usb mass storage device and/or as additional drive connected. Use a 32GB Sandisk microSDHC. You can then copy, paste, delete, move and etc. No removing microSD from phone and/or adapters needed. Win7 Media Player should see it with no problem. Personally I don't bother w/ sync feature in WMP, I just copy music folders from HDD to phone via Explorer.

IMPORTANT! Don't install the LG and/or 3rd party CDMA modem drivers as they just useless and BS software. DO NOT even bother with Vz Backup Assistant and the new and improved Backup Assistant Plus program and apps as they are useless and won't even work with this model phone. Why it is an installed app on this phone is beyond idiotic.

Also please always use the 'safely eject usb' in the system tray, this will preserve the files and ensure long life of your microSD.

Without making this write-up too long I'll let you figure out to copy/move your contacts, photos, videos and mp3s back and forth from the card and phone.

This is one of the 'smartest' dumb phones out there.

0 Likes
Pavalot

Still doesn't accept my MacBook Pro, but I have high hopes the settings will be supported on my office PC... Thanks!

0 Likes