Deleting all data in a LG Cosmos 2 phone to donate/sell?
Ant
Contributor - Level 2

Hello.

How do I delete/reset an old, used LG Cosmos 2 phone? I want to get rid of and donate it to someone else. IIRC, it comes with a sims card inside?

Thank you in advance. Smiley Happy

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Deleting all data in a LG Cosmos 2 phone to donate/sell?
Snn5
Legend
rtiffin
Contributor - Level 3

do you know where the settings on the for are?? look for Options or setup.. there should be one area for FACTORY reset or Default... that will tell you IT WILL ERASE all..

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend
Ant
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks, Snn5 and rtiffin. It mentioned "... The default code is the last

4 digits of the phone number." Will this be a problem if Verizon

Wireless already transferred the phone number to an iPhone? Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Number should still be programmed into the phone even though it is on a new device.

Ant
Contributor - Level 2

Snn5 wrote:

Number should still be programmed into the phone even though it is on a new device.

I tried it, and it worked. Do I assume I don't need to worry about its initial programming to activate from my old number on Verizon Wireless?

Also, is it true that I can use still use this resetted and unactivated phone to make emergency calls to 911 at any time? I (rea/hear)d that somewhere a few years ago.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

When you activate a new device that one will not work for the same number.  When the old device is activated it will get a new number.  Yes, you can make 911 calls from a deactivated phone, BUT it is NOT nearly as reliable as an activated phone and the 911 operator may see strange numbers not associated with any real line or person and being unable to identify the caller and it's location is a real possibility.

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

In some areas of the USA the 911 emergency program will not even work as there are software issues still at the Switch office and node points. As Snn5 said your 911 call will not be accurate or may not be readable, don't count on it!

Ant
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks all. I guess I won't bother keeping them for emergnecy calls as

activated phones. Smiley Sad