Disabling internet on Gusto 3?
JM516
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just purchased a Gusto 3 and I was wondering if it is possible to cut off data use or otherwise disable the internet features on it in such a way that it cannot reversed on the 'phone side'?  I want to make it impossible for anyone to access the internet on this particular phone. I have no need for the internet on this phone and I am concerned about inappropriate internet use.  Is this possible? 

Thanks in advance.

-JM

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Disabling internet on Gusto 3?
Tidbits
Legend

Call Verizon or go on MyVerizon and you can put a data block. Keep in mind it will not remove data plans if that line originally had a smart phone and was swapped out.

JM516
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having trouble getting a live person on the phone line (since it is automated) or solving the issue myself on MyVerizon. I am not sure if the data block feature is available for my prepaid account (or perhaps it is the device that I have, I dunno) since I can't seem to find it listed as available options on MyVerizon or on the automated list.

Anyway, I am kind of at a loss as to what to do.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Prepaid I am unsure off. I have disabled data on my daughters line for various reasons.

0 Likes
JM516
Enthusiast - Level 2

P.S.

I was able to go to a Verizon store and speak to someone in person. They were able to manually block the web browser from their end.

Tidbits, thank you for your time in replying to my question.

God bless,

-JM