Does anyone have advice for Samsung Convoy & Pacemaker conflict?
ME3668

When I first got my Samsung Convoy it turned my Bluetooth on and off constantly.  I tried different brands of Bluetooths then the Verizon Agent got Tech Services to replace it with a refurbished Convoy which did the same thing!  The Agent and I determined that the only thing could be causing it was my Pacemaker and he found a few posts by people with similar problems.  The Verizon Tech folks stated that they'd never heard of the problem and suggested that I just don't use a Bluetooth.  I didn't but found that sometimes when I walked into a room where the phone was the display lit up!  Now it has begun turning itself off!  Any suggestion will be welcomed I'm only 13 months into the 2 year upgrade and really can't afford to outright buy a phone that I know won't react to my Pacemaker.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does anyone have advice for Samsung Convoy & Pacemaker conflict?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good Morning ME3668. That is definitely an odd situation with regards to your Bluetooth service turning on and off. I did some research with regards to EMC compatibility, but most of the data out there is with regards to making sure the cell phones do not cause any interference with pacemakers.

While there is not a lot of information out on this particular situation, there are a few things that can be tested. One thing I thought about is maybe to test out a wired headset for when you are driving or at home. This way you still have hands free options, while a more permanent solution can be found

You mentioned that you may consider looking for a new phone, but did not want to purchase one without knowing if it will work properly. We can definitely help out with regards to helping you find a device that will not have this Bluetooth issue. If you have a moment, please reach out to one of our direct store locations, and we can definitely help test different models, and help find one that will not have this recurring issue. Here is a link to help find the closest location to you: http://bit.ly/3SdsA

Let us know if you have any addtional questions. Thank you ME3668. Happy Holidays.

- NicandroN_VZW

Please follow us on twitter at: @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good Morning ME3668. That is definitely an odd situation with regards to your Bluetooth service turning on and off. I did some research with regards to EMC compatibility, but most of the data out there is with regards to making sure the cell phones do not cause any interference with pacemakers.

While there is not a lot of information out on this particular situation, there are a few things that can be tested. One thing I thought about is maybe to test out a wired headset for when you are driving or at home. This way you still have hands free options, while a more permanent solution can be found

You mentioned that you may consider looking for a new phone, but did not want to purchase one without knowing if it will work properly. We can definitely help out with regards to helping you find a device that will not have this Bluetooth issue. If you have a moment, please reach out to one of our direct store locations, and we can definitely help test different models, and help find one that will not have this recurring issue. Here is a link to help find the closest location to you: http://bit.ly/3SdsA

Let us know if you have any addtional questions. Thank you ME3668. Happy Holidays.

- NicandroN_VZW

Please follow us on twitter at: @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ME3668

Thank you for your response.  Since the phone also "wakes up" and now occasionally  turns itself off I did a little research myself.  Yes, some friends will loan their phones for an hour or even 2 weeks.  I found 1 phone out of 4 that did not do anything unusual like the Convoy.  I have managed my Verizon account with an "Agent" since 1996 but since they can't help I'll take your advice and seek the help of a Premium Retailer.

Happy Holidays to you.

MLM3668

0 Likes