Does the LG ENV3 require a data plan?
SC650

I bought a used LG enV3 on ebay for my niece to use in emergency's. I tried activating it online (added additional line) but it required a data plan. I went to my local Verizon store yesterday to try activate it without the data plan. They first said it wasn't possible but another employee helped and got it activated (added data and put a block on the line). I asked if I would be charged the $10 a month data even though they blocked it & they replied no. So this morning I checked my account and it has the data usage meter on that line; looked at the online receipt & it's showing a $10 data feature. They insisted I wouldn't be charged for data, though I told them I wouldn't even activate the phone if it required a data plan.

So my question is...Since it's showing a data plan on that line; am I being charged ? If I am, would the LG Env2 require a data plan? I'm looking for a basic phone w/ a keyboard that doesn't require a data plan. Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG ENV3
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The LG env3 no longer requires a data plan on post-paid accounts.  I would suggest contacting Customer Service (or talking with the rep at the store where you had the phone activated) and ensure that you aren't being charged for a data plan, especially since you've had the data feature blocked on the phone.

View solution in original post

Re: LG ENV3
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The LG env3 no longer requires a data plan on post-paid accounts.  I would suggest contacting Customer Service (or talking with the rep at the store where you had the phone activated) and ensure that you aren't being charged for a data plan, especially since you've had the data feature blocked on the phone.