Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Does the intensity have a memory card slot?
acraftylady
Sr. Member

Just came from the verizon store I deal with and the lady said intensity does not play MP3 or have a memory card slot.  I looked at the verizon site before we left and the description for the intensity says  music player for MP3, WMA and stuff and says up to 16gb micro sd optional removable memory.  Isint' that the micro card that goes in a slot on the phone like on my ENV3 or do I not understand how this phone works?  I did not physically look at the phone as son is not sure if he wants that or not but I am totoally confused.  Mary

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Does the intensity have a memory card slot?
acraftylady
Sr. Member

I have semi long nails and it's not a problem with the side slot.  I also have a ton of ringtones stored on the card since I constantly change up my ringtone and texting tone.  Mary

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Does the intensity have a memory card slot?
jkc0325
Member

We just bought the Intensity for my daughter and I bought her a memory card and synced a bunch of her favorite music on it. You have to take the back off of the phone to find the slot for the card.

 

HTH's,

 

:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Re: Does the intensity have a memory card slot?
TheGreatOne
Sr. Member

Hi Mary. I looked on phonescoop web site.  The intensity has 29 MB   (internal memory available to user for storage).

0 Likes
Re: Does the intensity have a memory card slot?
acraftylady
Sr. Member

Well that's dumb having to take the whole back cover off to put in a memory card in and out every time.  On my ENV3 there is a little door on the side I flip open.  I guess that would explain why the lady at the store didn't know it took a memory card.  If you look on the verizon site and read the specs for this phone it says   "Up to 16GB microSD™ Optional Removable Memory"  So I guess that is not a misprint.    Also when you look at the 3d view and rotate it can someone tell me where the little black hole is on the side for the plug what is the second button for, the larger one?  That looks like the same thing on my ENV3 that pops open to put in the memory card or is that a button for something?    Mary

0 Likes
Re: Does the intensity have a memory card slot?
theoldguy
Member

 Acraftylady, it takes one little pop of a fingernail and it's off. Also, what do you mean by "Well that's dumb having to take the whole back cover off to put in a memory card in and out every time."  Everytime?? Why would you take it Out once it's in? It's really simple and all that's beed upgraded.

0 Likes
Re: Does the intensity have a memory card slot?
acraftylady
Sr. Member

theoldguy wrote:

 Acraftylady, it takes one little pop of a fingernail and it's off. Also, what do you mean by "Well that's dumb having to take the whole back cover off to put in a memory card in and out every time."  Everytime?? Why would you take it Out once it's in? It's really simple and all that's beed upgraded.



Because I use it to listen to a lot of music and change my music up a lot so take my card in and out a lot.  Also if I take a lot of photos which I do I take it in and out a lot to get the photos into the computer so you see I use my memory card a ton and find the side slot much handier for me that it would be to take the back off.  I ditched my Ipod since I got this phone so I don't have to carry 2 devices plus I have an Mp3 jack in the car and can play the music from the phone through my car speakers which is very handy or on long trips and hubby is driving I have head phones I use if I am listening to something he doesn't car for like a book on tape and such.  Mary

0 Likes
Re: Does the intensity have a memory card slot?
lewisr13
Leader

acraftylady wrote:

theoldguy wrote:

 Acraftylady, it takes one little pop of a fingernail and it's off. Also, what do you mean by "Well that's dumb having to take the whole back cover off to put in a memory card in and out every time."  Everytime?? Why would you take it Out once it's in? It's really simple and all that's beed upgraded.



Because I use it to listen to a lot of music and change my music up a lot so take my card in and out a lot.  Also if I take a lot of photos which I do I take it in and out a lot to get the photos into the computer so you see I use my memory card a ton and find the side slot much handier for me that it would be to take the back off.  I ditched my Ipod since I got this phone so I don't have to carry 2 devices plus I have an Mp3 jack in the car and can play the music from the phone through my car speakers which is very handy or on long trips and hubby is driving I have head phones I use if I am listening to something he doesn't car for like a book on tape and such.  Mary



Wow, 16gb, that's a lot of music and pictures. Actually I find it easier(and just as fast) taking the back off, because the card is not as inset as on the side load models that i've dealt with. but then again, my finger nails are pretty short.

0 Likes
Re: Does the intensity have a memory card slot?
acraftylady
Sr. Member

I have semi long nails and it's not a problem with the side slot.  I also have a ton of ringtones stored on the card since I constantly change up my ringtone and texting tone.  Mary

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Does the intensity have a memory card slot?
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader
Rather than taking the card in and out of the slot and physically inserting it into a reader or adapter on the computer, I find it simpler to use a USB cable to link the phone and computer, and view the card in the phone as another drive letter on the computer.

The same drag and drop works as if the card were in a reader or adapter, and there's less wear and tear on the card because I'm not popping it in and out all the time. :smileyhappy:

Each one of us works differently and has reasons for doing things the way we do....no one is right or wrong. As they say, there's more than one way to skin a cat....
0 Likes
Re: Does the intensity have a memory card slot?
acraftylady
Sr. Member

SuzyQ wrote:
Rather than taking the card in and out of the slot and physically inserting it into a reader or adapter on the computer, I find it simpler to use a USB cable to link the phone and computer, and view the card in the phone as another drive letter on the computer.

The same drag and drop works as if the card were in a reader or adapter, and there's less wear and tear on the card because I'm not popping it in and out all the time. :smileyhappy:

Each one of us works differently and has reasons for doing things the way we do....no one is right or wrong. As they say, there's more than one way to skin a cat....


I tried that once and I couldn't get mine to work so the memory card is faster and my tower and laptop have the built in slots.

0 Likes