Download Messages + app to my PC that will link to my Samsung Convoy 3.
rookyboy

For over 2 years I've had Messages + on my PC and it was linked (synchronized) to my Samsung Convoy 3.  I was having some issues over the last couple of days and I uninstalled the app on my PC in hopes of being able to reinstall it.

After spending almost 2 hrs on the phone with Verizon technical support yesterday, I was told that "Messages + is not available for my Samsung"

I know its possible, because I had the app on my PC just 3 days ago!

I'm needing to find the Verizon Messages + app that I can download to link with my Samsung flip phone. 

Can anyone help?

Thanks and have a great day!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Download Messages + app to my PC that will link to my Samsung Convoy 3.
rookyboy

Little clarification...

When I go to the "Download" tab on Messages + page it says my phone is "Not Compatible".

Thanks again for any help you can provide!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The help you need is right here. I bet it is confusing to no longer have access to something you recently used. I just want to clarify the message app you were using. Was it for Verizon Messages?

Right  here http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-messages-faqs/ is where you can find compatible phones and computers where Verizon Messages will work.

Please let me know if this is what you were referencing.

www.vzw.com/messages

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is definitely an odd situation, rookyboy. The Verizon Messages app is not compatible with a basic device. When you originally set up the Messages + application, did you have a smartphone activated?

AndreaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rookyboy

No.  I've only had the samsung convoy 3 for 5+ years.

0 Likes
rookyboy

I've found that page, but there is no application for the Samsung Convoy 3.  I know at one point the application for my phone existed because I had it on my PC.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'd love to take a closer look. May I ask if the computer software was recently updated? Are you using the Web App or the Desktop app? http://www.verizonwireless.com/landingpages/verizon-messages/
YosefT_VZW

0 Likes
rookyboy

I was using the  desktop app.  It said "Messages +" and there was a small icon on my desktop all the time. 

To see or send messages, all I needed to do was click once on the icon and it was ready to go.

OP system is Windows 7. 

Thanks

0 Likes