Downloading Samsung Gusto pictures to pc
1noonman

I recently upgraded from a Samsung Gusto to a iphone. Is there a way to download my pics from the Gusto to my PC? The Gusto has no service. There are pictures of my Dad's funeral service and other pictures that I want to keep. The employees at the Verizon store told me that all I needed was a usb cable to download the pics. but im not having much luck. Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Downloading Samsung Gusto pictures to pc
gustoguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry about your loss 1noonman. If you're still haven't transferred the photos, Elector and Dave.G are right -- just use Blueooth.

As I've said elsewhere:

Just buy a $5 Bluetooth adapter / dongle for your Windows or Mac PC.  Install the adapter and set your PC to make the Bluetooth discoverable.

Then go to the Gusto's pictures area. Hit Options-Send-Via Bluetooth. Under Choose Device, specify 'Add a New Device'.

It should find your PC and ask for a Bluetooth passcode. Make something up (like 1234).

In Windows 7, the PC will give you a pop-up message that the Gusto is trying to connect and you can then enter the same code (1234) to allow the connection.

There may be a short wait, while the PC installs device drivers for the Gusto.

Soon thereafter, the pictures will transfer to your PC.  In Windows 7, you have to specify what folder they should go to or accept the default folder:

C:\Users\User\Documents

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Dave_g
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had the same question.  Verizon answered by saying that USB will not work.  See post above.  In the past, several users have commented that the Gusto does not support USB.  That leaves only Bluetooth.  I hope to hear back on that option shortly.

Have fun,

Dave

0 Likes
Not applicable

Boy this was a difficult one to research.

The usb cable is for charging only. However it has bluetooth so you might be able to use that. Bluetooth is quarky at best. You can send photos via email, and I see it has messaging so it may be easier to send to a friend or another device like a smartphone to get the photos. Yeah it looks like a real pain.

If you have VZW Pixs your photos can be sent there and then log into the Pix Place from Verizon and grab them from there.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

1noonman, pictures are so precious. On behalf of Verizon Wireless we would like to extend our deepest sympathies to you concerning your recent loss. When uploading pictures from your Samsung Gusto to your PC; you will need additional software to support this task. I apologize that we don't support the functionalities of your PC. However, you can reactivate that Samsung Gusto device and upload your pictures via text message to our online multimedia website which will allow you to save them on your PC http://vz.to/19TVyWQ

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gustoguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry about your loss 1noonman. If you're still haven't transferred the photos, Elector and Dave.G are right -- just use Blueooth.

As I've said elsewhere:

Just buy a $5 Bluetooth adapter / dongle for your Windows or Mac PC.  Install the adapter and set your PC to make the Bluetooth discoverable.

Then go to the Gusto's pictures area. Hit Options-Send-Via Bluetooth. Under Choose Device, specify 'Add a New Device'.

It should find your PC and ask for a Bluetooth passcode. Make something up (like 1234).

In Windows 7, the PC will give you a pop-up message that the Gusto is trying to connect and you can then enter the same code (1234) to allow the connection.

There may be a short wait, while the PC installs device drivers for the Gusto.

Soon thereafter, the pictures will transfer to your PC.  In Windows 7, you have to specify what folder they should go to or accept the default folder:

C:\Users\User\Documents

0 Likes
camman64

I successfully paired my phone with my win 7 64 bit, however, there is no "Import" option. I set up my pictures, select all, "send by bluetooth" pair, and nothing happens. Also there is supposed to be a serial port option you can set up using usb, but no luck. I am so close, but still not able to import photos.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you can transfer your pictures to your PC, camman64. This device has has Bluetooth capabilities for audio but does not support transferring files through Bluetooth. Just to confirm are you using a Samsung Gusto?

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
BlueZelus

This post was about 7 years ago so I'm not sure if anyone is still reading this, but I still have an issue with this as well.

My computer (Win10) and my old phone (Gusto SCH-U360) recognize and are connected to each other via Bluetooth. However, the steps you gave don't work [for me] because my phone doesn't give me the option to send via Bluetooth... EVEN though they are connected by Bluetooth.

Suggestions??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BlueZelus, we know how vital it is for you to be able to transfer the pictures that are on your phone to your PC and we want to help you. 

The Samsung Gusto SCH-u360 doesn't support direct file transfer of pictures or videos, however, you can send picture messages to another mobile number or email address. Take a look at the "Transfer Pictures or Videos - Basic Phones" page. https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-52553/

Does this information provide clarity?

JacobG_VZW

0 Likes