DuraXV Extreme Megaphone Icon
irishzeppelin902
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just purchased the DuraVX Extreme a couple weeks ago. Today, shortly after an Amber Alert, I noticed a megaphone looking icon on the outer screen. I checked through and deleted the emergency alert to be sure it wasn't related, and it is still there. I scoured the user manual and I am confident that this icon is not mentioned at all. Any ideas?

Re: DuraXV Extreme Megaphone Icon
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What does the icon look like?

https://ss7.vzw.com/is/content/VerizonWireless/Catalog%20Assets/Devices/Kyocera/Kyocera_DuraXV_Extre...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That certainly doesn't sound like any normal Status icons with the DuraXV Extreme, and we know understand the icons on your phone is important, irishzeppelin902. Where is the megaphone icon appearing on your screen?

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes

It is a normal status icon.  It shows up in the lower right corner of the Outer Screen directly above the 'ra'.  I would attach a picture but I "do not have permission to upload images".

0 Likes

4564_0-1635864378098.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello. I would love to help with your phone. How does the icon look? Was it always there? Please tell me more. -Amber

0 Likes
bfoschia

I have the same issue. Last time i got an Amber Alert, i had to play with my phone for a while to get it to go away, and did it not knowing how. Just got another Amber Alert, removed the emergency notification for it, yet megaphone still exists. No mention of this anywhere in official use guide. 

i cant overstate how much i hate this phone. Verizon should be ashamed they put their name on thbis thing. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bfoschia, we are here for your support and we want to make sure you receive a resolution. Can you please clarify if this icon is causing your device to not function correctly? Does the icon disapear after the Amber alert has been cleared? Please share more details. 

-Sylvia

0 Likes
robert81623
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't know what the megaphone icon means either, but I discovered I can get rid of it by power cycling my phone off, then back on.