Dying Battery
SEW

I've had my phone since 12/11.  It worked fine for the first couple months, but lately my battery only stays charged for 2-3 days max then is dead.

I have not gotten it wet & only rarely use it for phone or text.  What should I do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Dying Battery
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It only stays charged for 2-3 DAYS?  That's pretty decent for most phones - what phone do you have?  And what battery life were you getting prior to this?  I have a BB and charge mine each night.  Prior to this I had the LG Voyager and was able to go two-three days with the extended battery; the regular battery lasted a day.

0 Likes
SEW

It's a Samsung Intensity II.  It seems my last phone's battery lasted way longer.  Also it seems if I carry it in my purse the battery dies quicker, like something is pushing against the  phone & keeping it on & draining the battery.  Does that make sense?  It seems if I rarely use my phone the battery should stay charged longer.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

If the phone is having issues obtaining a signal from your purse it will eat up the battery quicker. Is it completely dead in 2 days? You can call Verizon and speak to them about a warranty replacement battery, but 3 days doesn't seem that bad.

0 Likes
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks, SuzyQ and lewisr13, for your replies.

Hello SEW,

I've researched the difficulty you're experiencing with your device and the battery lasting about 2-3 days is considered normal. How long was your battery lasting before? Did you use your device about the same before? lewisr13 made a great point. If your device is placed in certain places such as your pocket or purse and has difficulty obtaining signal this will drain your battery faster. As SuzyQ suggested, if you would like your device's battery to last longer an extended battery is recommended. Let us know if you have any additional concerns regarding the battery life on your device.

DaisyP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes