Exalt - simms chip compatibility??????????
Frederiksted
Enthusiast - Level 2

It appears on several forum discussions that there is a software disconnect with the Exalt phone and other basic flip phones.  I have a quantity of photos and other data on the simm chip in my Exalt.  When I plug the chip directly into my PC (XP Windows) it is not recognized.  This problem has never occurred with chips that were formatted and used by other phones.  I've gotten over the frustration of being unable to use the Verizon contact backup feature; but, I would very much like to retrieve the photos and videos from the Exalt chip.  ????????????

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Exalt - simms chip compatibility??????????
Frederiksted
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe you mean the SD or micro SD memory card - when you insert the card into your PC with a card reader/adapter, it isn't recognized?  What happens if you leave the card in the phone and try to view it via USB cable?  can the computer "see" the phone/card as a separate drive?  If so, you can copy all the data to your computer via the USB cable.

0 Likes
Frederiksted
Enthusiast - Level 2

SuzyQ, Thanks..

0 Likes
aceshannon

I cannot use my USB cable nor my card for pics on my Samsung Intensity III...I have Windows 7 and it does not recognize memory cards, yet Windows XP does...do you have any other suggestions? I cannot text the pics to another phone nor can I get online to do so from the phone...a pc friend suggested I move to another pc, but I don't have that option easily accessible...any other ideas? thanks

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does your computer see the pix on the card if the card is in the phone, and you connect the phone via USB cable to the computer?  You "should" be able to see the pix that way, and then move them to the computer hard drive. 

Your Windows 7 computer has no SD card slot to read the card from the phone?  You said it doesn't recognize the card  - that seems strange....

0 Likes
aceshannon

my pc does have a slot, but it wont recognize the card. I tried reinstalling the phone software but that did not help. I was able before to just use my USB cable, but it is not working this time. Yes the card can be read by the phone, just not the pc...the pc does not find the phone when it is connected via cable, like it does with my smart phone.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

See if these steps help:

USB Mass Storage

Use USB Mass Storage to connect your phone to your

computer to transfer files to your phone’s internal memory, or

to an optional installed memory card.

This procedure describes default USB connection behavior.

You can configure USB Mode settings. For more information,

see “USB Mode” on page 171.

1. From the Home screen, press the Center Select

Key to select MENU ➔ Settings & Tools ➔ Tools ➔

USB Mass Storage.

2. Connect your phone to a computer with a USB cable.

3. At the prompt, select a USB Mode. Use the

Directional Key to highlight USB Mass Storage, then

press the Center Select Key OK.

4. At the prompt on your computer, select a method for

transferring files, then transfer files.

5. When finished, press the Center Select Key Disconnect,

then follow the prompts.

0 Likes
aceshannon

that's the problem the pc wont connect to the phone...it acts like its not plugged in or something which it is, then it updates the version assistant part, but when I go to open the files for the phone, all I get is a Bootstrap program and I try to open that and it doesn't open. The phone is automatically in USB storage mode when I plug it in. Unlike my smart phone when I plug that in, Apple iTumes automatically opens on my pc screen and I go from there, and Windows asks me what I want to do with the files it finds on the smart phone, which it should do with the basic phone but it doesn't do anything.

0 Likes