Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Extravert music library help
awgiedawgie

Is there a way to force the LG Extravert to rebuild its music library?

I have changed the genre on a number of my songs, which all appears fine when I connect to my computer to edit the files, but they are still showing up on the phone in My Music as if I hadn't changed anything. I can't find anything in the manual or on the phone itself, so the only option I see right now would be to delete all the songs from the phone and then copy them back onto it using different filenames. That, however, seems quite extreme. And I'm not completely sure even that would work. I tried deleting a few of them and then copying them from my computer again - with the same filenames - and they still showed up with the wrong genre.

Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Extravert music library help
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hey awgiedawgie! Personalizing your music files is something I'm very keen to do! It makes it so much easier to organize & enjoy just the right selections. As I'm sure you're alreay aware, the Extravert does have the ability to sort your music files by genre for playback. The reason your music files may not be sorting by that file description is difficult to pin down. The origin of the music files can be a factor (downloaded from the Internet vs. ripped from your CD collection), as can the method used to edit the description field.

Yes, I do recommend removing all files and then re-installing them to see if that makes the behavior change. Let me know how it goes!

Dion M.
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes