Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Extravert not recognizing SD card
andipants

I just bought a new 32 GB micro SD card for my fairly new Extravert. I inserted it in the phone, plugged the phone into my computer via the USB cord, and copied a couple music files on to test it. Everything worked fine and I was able to play the files, so I plugged it back in to the computer and tried to copy the rest of my music files, but I got error messages on the computer saying the files could not be copied to the device, and then a message saying the device needed to be formatted before I could use it.

I clicked OK to format it, since it wouldn't let me access the files already on the card or do anything else, but then I got *another* error message saying the device could not be formatted, and now the phone doesn't recognize the card at all. When I try to see what's on the card (Settings > Memory > Card Memory) it says "Card not inserted." I tried restarting the phone, and removing and re-inserting the card, but no luck. Any ideas?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Extravert not recognizing SD card
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for reaching out to us, andipants!
Let me ask you this, have you been able to try the SD card of a friend or family member? If so, does it give the same error message?

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Extravert not recognizing SD card
andipants

Hi, sorry for the delayed reply. I tried the card in a friend's phone (it's an AT&T smartphone) before putting the files on and it worked fine, and (like I mentioned before) it worked fine in *my* phone with only a couple files on it. The files are all music files that I have subsequently copied onto an mp3 player without issue, so I doubt it's a problem with the files themselves.

I sent this same question by email to Verizon the day I made this initial post, and the person who responded said that I would need to plug the microSD card directly into my computer, because the USB connection was not powerful enough to handle all the information (which sounds like BS to me, especially since it was able to handle copying some files already), but  I can't plug the microSD card directly into my computer because I don't have an adapter or card reader.

I also found a different forum where someone stated the Extravert is not SDHC compatible, but the phone specs here on the website says the microSD slot supports up to 32GB, which would require SDHC.

0 Likes