Facebook Updates That Aren't Mine
Scribe_Gossett
Enthusiast - Level 1

Basically, ever since I turned my phone on, I've been getting text messages claiming to be Facebook updates. Being as I hadn't hooked my phone into my Facebook account, I took them for spam and ignored them. However, after a small conversation of text messages to someone I didn't know, I've come to a much different conclusion. The person on the other end was under the impression they were talking to a "Jake"; the Facebook updates were addressing me as "Jake". So, either I have a pre-used number and this "Jake" hasn't updated his Facebook, or this "Jake" has entered the wrong number into his Facebook account. In the meantime, the messages are becoming increasing frequent, increasing annoying, and are terribly vulgar. Is there anyway to stop these things, short of changing my number?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Facebook Updates That Aren't Mine
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Reply to the text, or to 32665, with OFF.  See Re: Spam texts on new phone number for the same issue and a resolution.

View solution in original post

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Reply to the text, or to 32665, with OFF.  See Re: Spam texts on new phone number for the same issue and a resolution.

Scribe_Gossett
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just tried this, and got a reply message telling me that "Facebook texts are now off". Thanks so much!

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yay!! I'm glad it worked for you!

0 Likes