Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Facebook places on Env touch
fc662007

Hi. For some reason I can't use Facebook places from my Env touch. I click the "places" link, and nothing happens. I don't know what I am doing wrong, but other people have said they can use places on their Env Touch. Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Facebook places on Env touch
wushu2004
Novice
I'm pretty sure that the enV Touch's browser doesn't support sending GPS data, which would mean you can't use Facebook Places.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vereyezuhn

Is that where you "check in" to different places on Facebook? I never got the concept of that, I really don't care where people are every second of the day. Anywho... I've seen around these forums that it's a seperate app you have to download for the places.

0 Likes
fc662007

I will have to look for that app. I am a facebook addict, and want mine to work! Thanks.

0 Likes
wushu2004
Novice
I'm pretty sure that the enV Touch's browser doesn't support sending GPS data, which would mean you can't use Facebook Places.
0 Likes
nodataplan

Does your phone access the mobile web when you click on it?  The first time I went in I had to type in my user name and password and no problems since. 

0 Likes
fc662007

When I click on "places"?  It just does nothing.

0 Likes
fc662007

Could it be because I need a firmware upgrade? Mine is VX11KV07.

0 Likes
jdhogg

enV Touch does not support sending GPS data.   Sorry.

0 Likes
DontRegister
Novice

nodataplan wrote:

Does your phone access the mobile web when you click on it?  The first time I went in I had to type in my user name and password and no problems since. 

I dont thing you have an Env Touch...if you're getting FB Places!

0 Likes
nodataplan
Sorry thinking Facebook not FB places. No GPS on the phone so you can't let people know you are not at home and that now is a good time to break into your house.
0 Likes