Facebook places on Env touch
fc662007

Hi. For some reason I can't use Facebook places from my Env touch. I click the "places" link, and nothing happens. I don't know what I am doing wrong, but other people have said they can use places on their Env Touch. Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Facebook places on Env touch
wushu2004
Contributor - Level 2
I'm pretty sure that the enV Touch's browser doesn't support sending GPS data, which would mean you can't use Facebook Places.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Is that where you "check in" to different places on Facebook? I never got the concept of that, I really don't care where people are every second of the day. Anywho... I've seen around these forums that it's a seperate app you have to download for the places.

0 Likes
fc662007

I will have to look for that app. I am a facebook addict, and want mine to work! Thanks.

0 Likes
wushu2004
Contributor - Level 2
I'm pretty sure that the enV Touch's browser doesn't support sending GPS data, which would mean you can't use Facebook Places.
0 Likes
nodataplan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does your phone access the mobile web when you click on it?  The first time I went in I had to type in my user name and password and no problems since. 

0 Likes
fc662007

When I click on "places"?  It just does nothing.

0 Likes
fc662007

Could it be because I need a firmware upgrade? Mine is VX11KV07.

0 Likes
jdhogg

enV Touch does not support sending GPS data.   Sorry.

0 Likes
DontRegister
Contributor - Level 2

nodataplan wrote:

Does your phone access the mobile web when you click on it?  The first time I went in I had to type in my user name and password and no problems since. 

I dont thing you have an Env Touch...if you're getting FB Places!

0 Likes
nodataplan
Enthusiast - Level 2
Sorry thinking Facebook not FB places. No GPS on the phone so you can't let people know you are not at home and that now is a good time to break into your house.
0 Likes