Forgot my lock code for my LG Cosmos
ManilaThrilla

A few years ago I lost my LG Cosmos. Just recently I found it but now I forgot my 4 digit lock code. I know there's the *228 trick but of course as the years passed I have a new phone. Is there a way to unlock my phone or is the data on my old phone lost forever?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Forgot my lock code for my LG Cosmos
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ManilaThrilla-

Let's get your phone back in business.  We definitely want you to take advantage of any important information you have on your phone.  Please use the last 4 numbers of your mobile number for the lock code or 0000.  Give that a try and keep us posted.

EmmaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ManilaThrilla

I tried my last 4 digits of my phone number and I did try 0000. I also tried all possible codes that I remember. So far nothing seems to work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ManilaThrilla-

We apprciate your help.  We're sorry to hear you're still having trouble attempting to unlock your phone.  If you don't have the passcode for the phone you will have to perform a factory reset and that will delete all of the content on your phone.  Did anyone else use that phone that may have set the lock code on the phone?

EmmaM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mom3ann

I have the same problem.  How do I perform a factory reset when it is locked?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mom3ann,

Having to deal with a locked phone is not fun. I want to make sure we can get you back to using it. Please dial *228 and press option 1 to activate. Once activation complete it will reset the phone and the passcode with be the last 4 numbers of your phone number.  This will unlock the phone.  Keep us posted if you have any addtional questions.

YareliM_VZW

0 Likes