Gallery App Help/Lost ability to control whether to resize a photo when emailing
QueenSapphyre

When emailing photos and using the Gallery App I had the option to resize or not. I could select a new size and select "Always" or "Just Once". I don't have the option anymore and I really need to get it back. What do I do?

Example:

I'd begin to compose an email and then I'd select add an attachment & it would take me to the list & I'd select "Picture" at the top of the list on the right hand side. It would take me to the Gallery App where I could select a photo. Before attaching it I would get asked if I wanted to resize it or not along with resizing options to select from. I could use for example like small, medium, and large just by selecting the toggle I wanted. It would also ask "Just Once" or "Always". I think somewhere I may have accidentally hit "always" when I was in a rush & I did not know it. Now all my photos are resized when emailing them and I don't get a choice. I want the choice back not having photos always resized.

I have an LG phone if that makes a difference.

What do I do? Please help!

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Gallery App Help/Lost ability to control whether to resize a photo when emailing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

QueenSapphyre,
Let us see what we can do to help with the emailing of your photos.  I'm sure resizing would make the emailing process much smoother. Do you get an error when you try to send them now? What phone are you using? Did you recently get a software update to the phone?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Gallery App Help/Lost ability to control whether to resize a photo when emailing
QueenSapphyre

I don't get an error message. The Gallery App automatically resizes the

photos when I try to email them. I had the option to resize or not resize

and it would come up as "Just Once" or "Always" and I could pick the size

of the phone like, original, large, medium, small. I like being in control

of the photos I email from my phone. I have not had any recent software

updates. Under About Phone it says phone name: VS980 4G LTE and when I send

emails it reads at the bottom "Verizon 4G LTE Smartphone"

Thanks

Anne McGugin (Queen Sapphyre)

On Sat, Jan 10, 2015 at 2:40 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need to reset the defaults on the Gallery application or whatever application used to give the selection option dialog box.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
QueenSapphyre

There is no reset option.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Where were you looking. That dialog box (just once/always) is specifically for setting a default action. If you want it back, you have to clear the application defaults.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
QueenSapphyre

I went looking for an option and there is nothing under settings and help

in the Gallery App. Where would I go?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Settings > Apps > All tab and scroll down to the Gallery application.

0 Likes
QueenSapphyre

Okay I don't have all those options so this is what I did

Settings -> Application Manager -> All -> Gallery App

It has clear data, clear cache and clear defaults. I did "clear defaults" &

I tried to send an email with a photo & the photo was still resized without

giving me an option.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Each phone has slightly different naming convention system. It still got you to the right area. If it wasn't the Gallery app, then it was another application default. Try the email application. If that doesn't work, check the other applications/processes.

0 Likes