Getting Pantech Hotshot to display album art?
allvzwuser
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am trying to get my Pantech Hotshot's Music to display album art.  The Hotshot User Guide does not cover this.

Verizon Support (http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=46749&sayt=hotshot%20transfer*) has working instructions to transfer .mp3 files into album subdirectories on the HotShot's microsd card and successfully play them.

It also has the instruction:

2. Use the computer to copy music and other audio files into the my_music folder.
For any accompanying artwork in JPEG format, rename the art file albumart.jpg and copy into the same folder as the music files.

Likely I do not understand the naming convention.

I have failed, trying the following filenames:

my_music/

<album-title>

albumart.jpg

albumart.jpeg

albumart.JPG

albumart.JPEG

<album-title>.jpg

What is the precise filenaming convention that works?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Getting Pantech Hotshot to display album art?
allvzwuser
Enthusiast - Level 1

Answering my own question:

On a Pantech Hotshot, copying album art as a .JPG file in the same folder as the music files only causes the JPG's to appear in the Hotshot's My Pictures area.  For the HotShot's Music to display album art, the JPG file must be injected into each audio file (e.g. MP3) using the MP3 tagging mechanism.

Example using Mp3tag v2.50:

1. select a directory of an album of MP3 tracks

2. in the right side list, select all of the MP3 track rows

3. in Windows Explorer, drag the this album's cover art JPG file and drop it into the bottom left side cover area (a large white square with a grey and white styled CD icon)

4. File->Save tag

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Getting Pantech Hotshot to display album art?
allvzwuser
Enthusiast - Level 1

Answering my own question:

On a Pantech Hotshot, copying album art as a .JPG file in the same folder as the music files only causes the JPG's to appear in the Hotshot's My Pictures area.  For the HotShot's Music to display album art, the JPG file must be injected into each audio file (e.g. MP3) using the MP3 tagging mechanism.

Example using Mp3tag v2.50:

1. select a directory of an album of MP3 tracks

2. in the right side list, select all of the MP3 track rows

3. in Windows Explorer, drag the this album's cover art JPG file and drop it into the bottom left side cover area (a large white square with a grey and white styled CD icon)

4. File->Save tag

0 Likes