Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Gizmo Drama
STEFIE93

Beyond frustrated at this point. Bought my son a Gizmo Disney Edition in March of this year, by mid May it decided not to power on at all. Called tech support and after 3 different people finally someone said, this happens alot and they sent a replacement. The replacement took 4 calls and 5 agents to finally get swapped over, no one can figure these watches out. 

Fast forward to now, 3 months later. Second one died, same exact issue (mind you both are in perfect shape). Rep troubleshooted it and again said, this happens often. I expressed that I'm concerned about the 3 month shelf life because the original warranty applies which is only 12 mo from the original purchase. 

New watch arrives, fails to activate. I chat with customer service for over an hour (who cant understand why I cannot simply remove the sim card, until after talking to her supervisor) and she says to contact technical support or go to a store. I go to the store and they cannot help me, they say call customer care. I call in again, get sent a link to text with an agent and then spend 4 hours waiting for one to reply then after explaining the whole issue to them, they say that I need to call 888-294-6804 for help. I feel like I am getting no where and that I just keep getting passed off. 

I know there are tons of posts about these Gizmo issues, but anyone have luck getting one that actually works for a decent period of time? I cant swap the watch out so I am stuck until our contracts are up and then I can switch to a carrier that wants to help. 

Any suggestions on the watch would help. 

0 Likes
Re: Gizmo Drama
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Sorry to hear about any trouble activating your replacement watch, STEFIE93. We can definitely help you out with this. We'll send you a link in a private note that will allow you to join our secure chat platform.- Henry

0 Likes