Re: Goodbye Verizon!
Canon_Kayaker71
Enthusiast - Level 2

Budone,

Well.....my phone, the Samsung Intensity II (2), is on 3G....my girlfriends was on her Droid...I honestly don't know if hers was on 4G or not....I can only assume it is.  She would get texts and phone calls with no problem. Sending me texts, however, while she was right next to me, in my home, occasionally resulted in the delayed text message issue. Over the months, it became more and more frequent.

I'm going to have to move, aren't I? 

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Canon_Kayaker71 wrote:

I'm going to have to move, aren't I? 

Or get a Droid  

budone
Legend

They could have very well removed a 3G antenna that was pointing towards you to make room for the 4G antenna. No positive, but a possibility. I would look for an app that will ID which tower you are hitting and also have your friend use the same app. See if each are hitting the same one.

If you want suggestions, let me know.

0 Likes
bbell2000

This is really a long shot, but speaking of antennas... we started having trouble with all our Verizon phones from the house a couple of years ago. They checked the tower and couldn't find the issue. Come to find out -- they checked the wrong tower. We live in the corner of town and the tower closest to us was not the one in our town -- it was in the town next to us. Sure enough, there was an issue, they fixed it and problem solved.

0 Likes
Teac

3G and 4G have nothing to do with phone calls but with data transfer. These issues are horrible and would drive me from a company regardless of ETF and who pays for it. We left AT&T years ago for Verizon because of better service. I can' t blame you for leaving and commend you for your determination to allow Verizon so many opportunities to provide you with the service they expect you to have. I can honestly say that I think AT&T has better customer service than Verizon but, for me, the service has been heads and shoulders above AT&T. One possibility may be that due to the age of the technology of the phone that it is kind of falling off the back of the table. I had signal issues with a phone when the area I was in shifted to 4G but nothing like what you are experiencing. The tech people will never admit to having those kind of issues and will always tell you that there is something they can do for you because that is their job. If they told every person that they needed a phone operating on a newer system to solve the problem I don't know if many people would own cell phones. I believe that you are experiencing a lag between the acceleration of phone network technology and customer problems/service. But that is just one of my personal conspiracy theories that companies won't admit to, of course.

0 Likes