Group Texts on LG Extravert
rnredner

Hello,

I have an LG Extravert VN271, and I'm having some trouble with group texts. 

I can receive a group text that somebody else sends to me.  However, I can't see any indication that the text is a group text, and I can't see who else it has been sent to.  When I reply to the text, my reply goes only to the sender and not to the group. 

Can somebody please help me figure out how this phone handles group texts?  This is a huge problem for me, and I'm desperate to figure out how I can participate in group texts. 

Thank you!

Rebecca

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Group Texts on LG Extravert
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rnredner,

Being able to group message is a must these days. Let's look into yours. How long have your messages been like this? Is this something new that just started occurring or has it been going on a while?Do you have any issues sending/receiving picture messages (MMS)?

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rnredner

Thank you so much for responding!  I hope you can help. 

I just got the phone this past week, and it's been a problem since I activated it.  I have no trouble sending or receiving MMS.  And I have no trouble sending group messages. 

The problem is only when I receive a text from somebody else that's sent to a group, because it looks like that text is only sent to me instead of to a group--it doesn't list the other recipients.  So I don't know who else might have received that initial message.  And when I respond my text only goes to the sender instead of the whole group (I suppose I could enter them as recipients manually if only I knew who the initial message was sent to). 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@rnredner

Thanks for clarifying what you’re experiencing on your LG Extravert device. Let’s take a closer look.

The Messaging section of the device has a sub-menu setting titled “Reply Option”. Here you can select “Group Conversation” to automatically send to the group on supported devices. You would select “Individual Message” to automatically send to one person. These details are explained on page 83 of the device User Guide here: http://vz.to/2io4T3q. Let me know how that works out for you.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rnredner

So I checked my settings and it looks like "Group Conversation" was the default, so that wasn't the issue. 

I think that doesn't solve the problem because when I receive a text from someone else that's sent to a group, I can't see who else it is sent to.  It looks like a text that's sent only to me.  The only reason I know it's a group text is because it's a media message.  So when I go to reply, I can only reply to the sender because my phone doesn't seem to have information about who else is in the group. 

When a group text originates with me, I can easily send it to multiple people.  But when the conversation originates with somebody else, that's when I have a problem. 

0 Likes