HELP! My Phone Keeps Shutting Off!
ang45875

Hi there! I have a problem and a question about my phone. I have the Samsung SCH-u340 Prepaid phone. The only problem I have with it is when I use the "IM" options, my phone shuts off and restarts. It's been doing it for a while. I have tried updating it but the phone just sits there for hours at a time. I keep the battery charged when it starts to go dead.

So, what would be causing my phone to restart when trying to use the "IM" option?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HELP! My Phone Keeps Shutting Off!
moparfreak426
Enthusiast - Level 3

that phone is a very old phone and older phones tend to accumulate problems like these. I would suggest getting another phone but sometimes i know money can be a problem in these times.... So i wish you best of luck.

0 Likes
ang45875

It works just fine until I start up the "IM" part of the phone. It started doing that ages ago. I'm not sure when it started, lol. Anyway, I would get a different phone but like you said, money to purchase one is the problem. I didn't know if there is a way to get it to update or if there was a way to fix it.

0 Likes
moparfreak426
Enthusiast - Level 3

there is probably no longer any access to any updates for a phone that old that hardly no one uses anymore sadly.... Smiley Sad however, you might be able to look online and get a cheap phone or text all your friends who might have an extra phone you can have. people gave me a few of those blue flip phones

0 Likes
forestsoup

I fell in a swimming pool (don't ask) and got my phone wet.  I put it in a bag of rice for a couple of days.  It was still acting up.  When I pressed the 0 key it would set the ring volume.  When I pressed the # key it would enter 369.  When I pressed the * key it would rotate through a bunch of texting menus then enter 3 random letters.  I tried many things and finally what worked was to take out the battery, wait a few seconds, then put the battery back in while holding down the CLR button.  The phone displayed some message about booting from USB.  I removed the battery again and re-installed it.  My phone works fine now.

0 Likes