Help! My Samsung Convoy 4 won't receive calls/texts when closed!
joelmgoetz

I've had a Samsung Convoy 4 for about a year or so by now, and recently I noticed that it doesn't receive calls/texts of any kind while it's closed. I troubleshooted it and realized that, after closing the phone and leaving it inactive for around 10 seconds, the front display turns off. It almost seems like the phone is going into some sort of 'standby' or 'sleep' mode that's preventing it from receiving signals. When I open the phone, and while the phone is closed but the front display is still on, the phone operates normally and can receive calls/texts and will ring. Again, this issue only occurs when the phone is both closed and once the screen turns off and it goes into a 'standby/sleep' mode.

Thanks so much for anyone who has seen this issue before! I've checked through every Setting on the phone that I can find, and I can't find any settings that would relate to such a 'feature'.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Help! My Samsung Convoy 4 won't receive calls/texts when closed!
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Could be the phone has seen better days. You'd have to upgrade it by the end of 2019 anyway

0 Likes
Re: Help! My Samsung Convoy 4 won't receive calls/texts when closed!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Joelmgoetz, I would be concerned as well if my phone was not receiving alerts while it was preserving the battery. You have come to the right place to get your notification concerns resolved. I want to dig a little deeper into this concern. When you open your phone, does it show missed calls or unopened text? Are there any other features of the phone having issues? What does the person calling you hear?

Melissa_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes