Help!!! Switched plan, lost phone number, can't get it back
lostnumber

Over a month ago, I switched plans for my husband and myself - no new phones, just different pricing. Everything went smoothly for my phone, but my husband's number stopped working. The last five weeks have been a never ending hell of calling "customer service"  or going into the local store only to be told it would be fixed, "tomorrow", "in a couple days," or "starting in the next billing period." I have no idea why/how it can be this complicated, although I do now that at one point Verizon had the wrong identification code for the phone...which came from Verizon's records. Having already wasted over 15 hours on the phone or in the local Verizon store, I'd be happy to give up the number just so my husband could have a working cell phone (we have no idea how many text phone calls have gone unanswered in the last 5 weeks, but have had numerous - "why didn't you respond to my text moments") except for the fact that so many other things are tied to that number (credit card and bank accounts, etc.). I'm wondering if anyone has had similar problems and has advice on how to get Verizon to actually fix things, or at least acknowledge that is not unreasonable to expect a working phone within 5 weeks of switching Verizon plans!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Help!!! Switched plan, lost phone number, can't get it back
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is definitely strange, lostnumber. That shouldn't happen from just a simple plan change. Once the ID number was verified and corrected, did things start working better or are they still occurring? To confirm, what type of phone does he use?

0 Likes
lostnumber

never fixed, we both have basic phones. Have spent over 20hrs talking to customer service on every weekend for last 2 months. I have been told three weekends in a row that my case has been flagged (I think they say escalated) and that somebody will call me back the next week...guess what nobody every calls. I wish we could switch carriers at this point, but nobody else gets coverage in our medium sized town. Mamma warned me about monopolies.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lostnumber,

I apologize for the experience and delays in resolving this for you. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please follow me and send a Direct Message so I can assist you.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes