Help moving # to another carrier, and assigning a new # to phone
ley0001

I have 3 phones on my account all under contract.  My mom is moving, and is going to be going under Spring through my sister's plan.

They want to keep the phone # on her current Verizon phone and port it to Sprint.

On the current Verizon phone, my husband wants to keep it and use it as he only has a work phone.

How do we go about doing this and getting him a new number without anything affecting the contract.

thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Help moving # to another carrier, and assigning a new # to phone
Not applicable

Once the mom ports out she keeps the Verizon number in the port.

She will have to give your Verizon account number and security pin as well as the line she is porting phone number.

Now that will reduce the three lines down to two. This is where you confused me. If your husband wants to keep the device he has it is not affected. Neither is yours. You just lose one line and maybe save a few dollars on the one line loss.

If you are wanting to keep three lines alas you would have to purchase new service on your plan but you are under contract if you purchase a new device on subsidy. If you buy a device for use on Verizon or pay full price for the phone you can go to a Verizon wireless corporate store (no resellers) and they can add another line of service and generate a new number and it would not be a contract line.

My question would be why do you want a third line (my wife and I keep a third device for emergency purposes so you may be doing the same)

Good Luck

0 Likes
Not applicable

Oops ALL under contract. Sorry I missed that. The line that ports out will incur an early termination fee. $175-$5 each month through months 1-24

Also port out before your bill closing date not even one day after or you pay for a month of service you won't be using.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'd love to help with making changes to your lines to fit your changing needs, ley0001. Once your mom ports her number to her new carrier, just give our Sales Team a call at 800-256-4646 to have a new number assigned to the equipment her number was on originally within 50 days of the port completing to have the termination fee reversed and continue on the original contract.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport