How Can I Back Up My Calendar On The LG Revere?
matthias102

I have an LG Revere VN150.  I have a TON of calendar appointments that I can't afford to lose.

Is there any way to back them up to the computer / cloud / verizon / or even dump them to a hard copy print out  ?????   I can't find anything that works with the Revere.  BitPim would work but it doesn't support the LG Revere.

Can they do this at the Verizon store when I do get a new phone ???   I've had bad experiences at the store previously with this phone - like over 500 contacts DUPLICATED on my phone and then having to manually remove the duplicates.  It wasn't fun.....

I know it's a relic, but I still like this phone, it''s perfect for me but I'm at the point where the Calendar is a BIG deal.  Lots and lots of Dr appointments these days.  I have to do something before the phone dies or breaks or gets lost.

Thanks !!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG Revere Calendar Backup or Transfer
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

matthias102,

Thanks for reaching out to us on the community member forum. I completely understand your situation and want to help. I've had other customers in similar scenarios over the years. As mama23dogs mentioned, easy data syncing is one of the best parts about having a smartphone. I do highly recommend moving to a smartphone and using a cloud service if you'll be storing data on your phone that is critical or can't be replaced. All may not be lost in your case. This phone does support Object Push for VCalendar through Bluetooth. However, this phone has five year old Bluetooth profiles, so you may not be able to get a proper sync with a newer device. If you can, once paired with another bluetooth device that's capable of VCalendar Object Push, you should have an option in your Bluetooth menu called "Send Calendar Event". Whether or not you'll be able to send all of them at once is information that I unfortunately don't have. It's worth a try. Good luck.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I admit I'm at a loss.  The basic calendar is not downloadable, print able, or sendable.  

I would suggest you keep a paper calendar back up

this is one advantage of smartphones, the calendars are synced other places so can't be lost. 

Please persue with Verizon store support, they may have a way to transfer directly with cables. 

If you get an answer, post it for other basic phone owners. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

matthias102,

Thanks for reaching out to us on the community member forum. I completely understand your situation and want to help. I've had other customers in similar scenarios over the years. As mama23dogs mentioned, easy data syncing is one of the best parts about having a smartphone. I do highly recommend moving to a smartphone and using a cloud service if you'll be storing data on your phone that is critical or can't be replaced. All may not be lost in your case. This phone does support Object Push for VCalendar through Bluetooth. However, this phone has five year old Bluetooth profiles, so you may not be able to get a proper sync with a newer device. If you can, once paired with another bluetooth device that's capable of VCalendar Object Push, you should have an option in your Bluetooth menu called "Send Calendar Event". Whether or not you'll be able to send all of them at once is information that I unfortunately don't have. It's worth a try. Good luck.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
matthias102

Thanks for the reply.

0 Likes
matthias102

Is there a way for them to transfer ALL my calendar events to a new phone at the Verizon store ?

I looked at the VCalendar push before.  As I recall it was a single appointment at a time - not really a great option for me.   Might come down to that but I sure would like to find a better way to get to a newer phone that doesn't have this problem.  

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

BitPim MAY work by selecting a different phone that is close to the Revere.  VN140 or 160 or a similar number to what you have ... it just may connect and allow you to retrieve those calendar appointments.

0 Likes