How Do I Record My Own Ring Tone For Samsung Brightside?
aspiring-author

I want to record my own voice to use as a ringtone/alarm on my Samsung Brightside.  I can figure out how to record a "sound" but not a ringtone.  Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks for your time,

Katie

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How Do I Record My Own Ring Tone For Samsung Brightside?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Aspiring-author,

It's pretty cool to be able to record your own voice to make a ringtone. At this time, the Samsung Brightside doesn't have the capability to do this on the device. I apologize.

KatrinaN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: How Do I Record My Own Ring Tone For Samsung Brightside?
lshindel88
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

You can record your own ringtone.

Touch "Media Center"

then "Music and Tones"

then "My Sounds"

then "record new"

follow prompts...........

when happy with recording "Add to Message"

you will see a long number  in a block under "callback #" block....this will be the number under "My Sounds"

DO NOT SEND MESSAGE...press cancel....do not "save message in drafts"

Now again touch

"Media Center"

then "Music and Tones"

then "My Sounds"

choose your sound number (if you have more than one) by touching the number (not the play button)

You should see a menu that has "Set as Ringtone" on the bottom.

This will set the ringtone for the phone.  If you change to something differant  and then want that ringtone back you will have to go back thru "My Sounds" and reset your recording/sound as a ringtone.

The phone will not keep the "Sound/Ringtone" in the ringtone list.

This is because the ringtones are MP3 and the sounds are QCELP files.

There are many programs where you can record your sound and save it as a MP3 at which point you could download it into your phone and put it into your ringtone list.

Hope this helps.

lshindel88