How battery goes down
tomdurst
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just for my Revere 3 Basic Phone and am learning the features.  Is it normal for the battery charge to go down faster when exploring options than when talking?  I noticed yesterday when I was exploring how to text, etc. that the charge marker went down to #2 fairly soon.   I haven't had a conversation yet--just exploring the options to learn how to use the phone.  So anyway, does this use up more charge than just talking?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How battery goes down
Snn5
Legend

With talk time being generous at an estimated 6 hours, doing other things on the phone that keep the screen on or data, messaging, anything that transmits information to and from like calls, texts, etc...will use the phone battery time and essentially cut that time of use in half.  With the small space for a battery in those phones and also given that those phones were not meant to be used like a smartphone, one should plan to charge frequently if they are to use a basic phone to its maximum limits of capability.

0 Likes
tomdurst
Enthusiast - Level 1

THANK YOU SO MUCH.  That totally answers my question and what you say makes total sense.  Would you say that there is any harm done if when my charge gets down to 2 bars that it would be OK to do a recharge??  Or better to let it go down to 1 bar?

Snn5
Legend

I might charge it when the battery icon blinks, unless you'll be away from a charger for awhile, then I might charge sooner.  You can recharge at any time you want to.

0 Likes