How can I backup/transfer text messages (including messages that may contain any pictures and videos) from my LG Octane basic phone to my Windows PC?
buzz3878

Hi,

My LG Octane phone is warning me that the phone's text message inbox is nearly full.  I would like to backup/transfer all text messages to my Windows PC before performing a mass deletion to regain storage space.  Is there a software application or way that this can be done with my particular mobile phone device?

Thank you for your time and assistance,

David

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I backup/transfer text messages (including messages that may contain any pictures and videos) from my LG Octane basic phone to my Windows PC?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

buzz3878,

Being able to save text messages can certainly be important. I know that there are some that I would want saved myself. Since this is not a smartphone, it does because a little more difficult to save these messages. Once way that has worked in the past is to get an SD card in the phone, then transfer them to the SD card. From there, you could get a card reader and transfer them to the computer from the card reader. Another thing you can try is to email yourself the messages, while this can be time consuming, it is an effective way to move things over. I hope that this information helps.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How can I backup/transfer text messages (including messages that may contain any pictures and videos) from my LG Octane basic phone to my Windows PC?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

buzz3878,

Being able to save text messages can certainly be important. I know that there are some that I would want saved myself. Since this is not a smartphone, it does because a little more difficult to save these messages. Once way that has worked in the past is to get an SD card in the phone, then transfer them to the SD card. From there, you could get a card reader and transfer them to the computer from the card reader. Another thing you can try is to email yourself the messages, while this can be time consuming, it is an effective way to move things over. I hope that this information helps.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Another option is bitpim software, assuming it's compatible with your device (if your phone model isn't listed, try using a similar LG model setup):

Welcome to BitPim

0 Likes