How can I clear the Verizon Backup assistant contacts backup from the cloud and have it sync only to the contacts currently on my phone?
VZ8520

Hello I am having an issue with the Verizon Backup assistant. For some reason the backup assistant duplicates the last name for some contacts and the entire contact for others. For example James Johnson is backed up on the cloud as "James Johnson Johnson" and Dr. Jones is backed up as "dr. Jones dr. Jones"

I want to delete the cloud storage, fix the contacts on my phone, and then save the fixed contacts on my phone in the cloud. As of right now if I fix the contacts on the phone any backup will restore the duplicate last names.

Please help. Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I clear the Verizon Backup assistant contacts backup from the cloud and have it sync only to the contacts currently on my phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Help is here for you! Duplicates can be irritating. One of the ways to get this done is by signing into our website and then using manager contacts. You will then be able to edit the list directly from you pc. You can also edit the list from you phone but that may take a little longer. Let us know if you need more help. Please make sure that you don't have contacts synching to another place like gmail.
BobbyN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How can I clear the Verizon Backup assistant contacts backup from the cloud and have it sync only to the contacts currently on my phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Help is here for you! Duplicates can be irritating. One of the ways to get this done is by signing into our website and then using manager contacts. You will then be able to edit the list directly from you pc. You can also edit the list from you phone but that may take a little longer. Let us know if you need more help. Please make sure that you don't have contacts synching to another place like gmail.
BobbyN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes