How can I keep the front display (clock) on a Ravine 2 always on?
thaydenhome
Enthusiast - Level 2

On my original Casio Ravine the front LED clock was sent to always be on so it acts like a clock or a watch. The front display goes blank on my Ravine 2 after just a few seconds. It will display the time if I push a button but that's hard to do when you're wearing ski gloves. I hope I haven't downgraded going from the original to the Ravine 2.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I keep the front display (clock) on a Ravine 2 always on?
thaydenhome
Enthusiast - Level 2

Keeping the clock set to 'on' should definitely be an option.

Yes, it should be an option. It is for the in internal display and the keypad but as I stated earlier the only option for the front panel is analog, digital or off. It remains on for a few seconds after you push a key or closing the phone and then goes blank. It doesn't even show status while charging. And when you do push a button to get the display to show it turns on the backlight so if you're checking the time frequently like trying to make a bus transfer connection it uses more power to boot. Terrible design and very disappointing when they had it right on the first generation of this phone. There are several other "features" that are worse with the Ravine 2 over the original. There were a few problems that needed to be addressed with the original but none of them were addressed and they just added more bugs.

DON"T BUY A CASIO PHONE.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Skiing is a great hobby and lots of fun , thaydenhome. Of course, we want your front clock to stay on. Have you tried to go to the display set up and change it from 15 sec to always on. Here is a link. http://vz.to/1S0GJLq

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
thaydenhome
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have you tried to go to the display set up and change it from 15 sec to always on

Of course, that's what I expected to be able to do. This is the menu for the front display.

Select the Front Clock Format then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad to choose SET.

• Digital
  • Analog
  • Off

You can turn it off but there's no always on option. There's nothing to change the default time that it stays on. Unless there's a firmware/software upgrade then it looks like I'm stuck. I only had two criteria when I purchased my original Ravine; clock on the front is always on and the phone be waterproof. Looks like I've lost the first with this "upgraded" version.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

thaydenhome,

I checked over the settings of the device and how to change the clock feature on the phone itself. Keeping the clock set to 'on' should definitely be an option. By changing the seconds it's on for that should fix it.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
thaydenhome
Enthusiast - Level 2

Keeping the clock set to 'on' should definitely be an option.

Yes, it should be an option. It is for the in internal display and the keypad but as I stated earlier the only option for the front panel is analog, digital or off. It remains on for a few seconds after you push a key or closing the phone and then goes blank. It doesn't even show status while charging. And when you do push a button to get the display to show it turns on the backlight so if you're checking the time frequently like trying to make a bus transfer connection it uses more power to boot. Terrible design and very disappointing when they had it right on the first generation of this phone. There are several other "features" that are worse with the Ravine 2 over the original. There were a few problems that needed to be addressed with the original but none of them were addressed and they just added more bugs.

DON"T BUY A CASIO PHONE.

0 Likes