How can I send a picture from my LG Terra to my iMac?
KARPIN13
Enthusiast - Level 2

I selected a picture, entered my email address, and hit SEND.  It says it sent it but I never received it.  What am I doing wrong?  I have tried this twice.

I have also tried connecting the phone to the iMac with its USB cable, but only find a file that says this works only on PCs.

I connected to the iMac with bluetooth and tried to send, but the phone always indicates an error (same connecting to iPad).

I am out of ideas.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I have a LG Tierra and I am trying to send a picture to my iMac.
KARPIN13
Enthusiast - Level 2

After talking to a knowledgeable person at the local Verizon store, and running more tests, I have found the following:

1. As stated above  this phone cannot download to a Mac over USB (thanks Verizon, but this is not mentioned in any of the specs on the phone) and am told that one has to buy special software to download to a PC.

2. Some phones have mini SD cards that can transfer pictures, but not this one.

3. Sending pictures to an email address does not work.  The Verizon person thought maybe the higher resolution pictures had too much data, but it does not work for pictures of any of the three resolutions.

The only way I have found that does work it to send the picture to someone with a smart phone, who gets it as a text message and would have to move it into an email message to send back to me.

Conclusion: It is a good thing I did not buy this phone for its camera.  The camera is basically worthless as the above procedure to get pictures off it is too complex to ever use for any quantity of pictures.  Verizon would be better off selling it without a camera at a lower price.

I am amazed in this era that a company would sell a phone that could not download pictures to either a Mac or PC, over a cable, with no need for extra software.  The phone currently is capable of generating a file system recognizable by the mac for the storage of a text file saying it doesn't work with Macs.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
christopherm_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hello KARPIN13,

We definitely want you to be able to get these pictures to your computer. Are you able to send picture text messages to other phones? Have you tried to send them to an alternative email address? Here is a link on the steps to send a picture message: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-168567/

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KARPIN13
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have never sent text messages, with or without pictures to other phones. I don’t actually have another phone that would

accept text messages, although I could send to a relative as a test if you think that would help diagnose the problem.

I also do not have any other email addresses. I did follow the steps in the link below; which is where I learned that the

phone would take an email address as well as a phone number.

I would note that I do not have a data or text plan on this phone, but I assume it will send text messages and charge me

for the data on a per-use basis; perhaps that is not true.

I was hoping someone could tell me how I could transfer the pictures using bluetooth or the USB cable, rather email them.

Karl

0 Likes
davidh_vzw
Verizon Employee

When it comes to transferring pictures to the computer I’m afraid the Terra is not suited to do this, KARPIN13. You can find the list of incompatible phones here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-52553/

As to emailing the picture, that looks to be the only way. Without a text or picture messaging plan, the costs of sending a picture is 25 cents per message.

When you sent out that last message to your email, did it arrive?

0 Likes
KARPIN13
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried sending it twice, on different days, and it did not arrive either them. I did check my spam folders also.

0 Likes
KARPIN13
Enthusiast - Level 2

After talking to a knowledgeable person at the local Verizon store, and running more tests, I have found the following:

1. As stated above  this phone cannot download to a Mac over USB (thanks Verizon, but this is not mentioned in any of the specs on the phone) and am told that one has to buy special software to download to a PC.

2. Some phones have mini SD cards that can transfer pictures, but not this one.

3. Sending pictures to an email address does not work.  The Verizon person thought maybe the higher resolution pictures had too much data, but it does not work for pictures of any of the three resolutions.

The only way I have found that does work it to send the picture to someone with a smart phone, who gets it as a text message and would have to move it into an email message to send back to me.

Conclusion: It is a good thing I did not buy this phone for its camera.  The camera is basically worthless as the above procedure to get pictures off it is too complex to ever use for any quantity of pictures.  Verizon would be better off selling it without a camera at a lower price.

I am amazed in this era that a company would sell a phone that could not download pictures to either a Mac or PC, over a cable, with no need for extra software.  The phone currently is capable of generating a file system recognizable by the mac for the storage of a text file saying it doesn't work with Macs.

0 Likes