Andi88

(LG Cosmos 2)     I have spent the last 90 minutes
trying to learn/subscribe/understand how the H to get my phone full of pictures
uploaded. Wasted gobs of time at Pix Place only to learn, after calling a
Verizon rep, that Pix Place is now defunct. On the phone, I was instructed to
subscribe to Backup Assistant Plus: Media. Okay--went through all the pages,
jumped through all the hoops, made sure billing (of course it's the FIRST thing
you gotta do) is in place, registered! Right? Um no. Clicking on the "get
started" link led me right back to where we began in this entire process!
No registration being recognized. I am still on the phone w/ VR and she asks if
she has answered all my questions! (huh?) What do u think, lady?  Nearly 2 hours later I still have no answers and no fw to get those pictures moved from my phone!  Anyone???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
How can I upload pictures off of my phone? or "Wow, Verizon...REALLY?!?!???"
Andi88

Attention: anyone else with this problem.  It only took me 3 hours to learn that my phone, the LG Cosmos 2, does not work on ABP: Media.
It’s just for smart phones, although the registration process does not tell you that.  And, I’m sure, it will also allow you to pay for packages that are not compatible with your phone, because that’s
just the price of doing business for most consumers these days! It takes a LOT of time, a lot of effort, and a long time on HOLD for a smart Verizon Assistant to find that out and verbally tell you this if you complain enough.  I also cancelled some other features I was paying for, just for the fun of doing it and as a little bit of a punishment for time poorly spent.

BTW, the only way you can get those pics
off your phone is to purchase a memory card for your phone and transfer them to it. 

0 Likes
Re: How can I upload pictures off of my phone? or "Wow, Verizon...REALLY?!?!???"
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Andi88 wrote:

... my phone, the LG Cosmos 2

BTW, the only way you can get those pics
off your phone is to purchase a memory card for your phone and transfer them to it. 

That's one way - and a memory card is only like $10.  I prefer to save all my pics to a memory card and then transfer them that way.  It cuts down on using the internal memory of the phone, which is limited, and it makes transferring them as easy as select and drag.

An alternate way, much more time consuming, and requires a text plan or it will cost you 25 cents a pic, is to send the pics as a text message to your email account, one at a time. 

A memory card makes so much more sense.... you can automatically save them to the card as you take them and then just connect up with a USB to transfer or use a card reader... it's really the best way to do it.

Re: How can I upload pictures off of my phone? or "Wow, Verizon...REALLY?!?!???"
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

memory cards can be had on ebay for under $5.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Andi88! I can assist you with your request! Were you able to get your pictures transferred? If not, select the link to get started...http://bit.ly/zouatk ^CM

0 Likes
Bill850

I have an LG Dare and have spent the last 2 hours trying to upload photos to the cloud from my phone with BAP:media as advertised - I have the feature enabled in my account, I downloaded BAP to my phone (the address book works fine), and tried every button on the BAP page - no way to do it.  I checked the FAQ sheet referenced above - no help.  Apparently it doesn't work - I give up - back to the memory card method.

0 Likes