How can my dad access his Voice Mail messages (on a Motorola MOTO W755) without having to enter a password each time?
Tropicfire2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm trying to assist my dad.  He has a Motorola MOTO W755 and would like to be able to access his voicemails without having to enter a password each time.  I know this is possible on newer phones but I can't find any information/instructions regarding how to do this with older/basic phones.  Is it possible?  And, if so, could someone please post the steps involved so that I can help my dad?  Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can my dad access his Voice Mail messages (on a Motorola MOTO W755) without having to enter a password each time?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could try setting up a new contact for Voice Mail, with the number to dial as *86,,#### where the commas serve as pauses and the #### would be your Dad's VM password.  I don't know if it'll work on his phone or not, but it's worth a try.

Re: How can my dad access his Voice Mail messages (on a Motorola MOTO W755) without having to enter a password each time?
rcschnoor
Legend

This is what I do. Keep in mind that anyone with access to his phone will be able to listen to his voicemail.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The password does need to be entered each time; the steps provided by tikibar just make it happen automatically.

If the commas don't' work as pauses, try a capital P - I used to use *86P#### (some use two pauses, but one seemed to work fine for me). 

Also, if you (your Dad) is out of his "home area",  or roaming, the *86 will not work - you need to dial the full 10 digit phone number to access the VM.  That method works whether you are in your home area or not, so if Dad travels often, you may want to program the Voicemail speed dial to call XXX-XXX-XXXX PP #### which is Dad's full phone number, two pauses, and his 4 digit password.  That will work anywhere he happens to be.

0 Likes