Re: How could Samsung and Verizon allow this?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, apparently there is more to know ... page 23 has nothing to do with taking pictures, it's a brief description about the soft keys and some of their functions.  Page 108 is specifically about taking photos ... when you press the Camera Key on the right side of the phone, doesn't the camera open in landscape?  Then once you compose your picture, aren't you pressing the Camera Key on the right side of the phone or the center select key TAKE to take a photo?  Then once you take the photo, don't you then have the options of pressing the right soft key to delete the photo, pressing the left soft key to save the photo in MyPictures, or pressing the center Select key to attach the photo to a text message?

0 Likes
castpics

You can take photos is regular mode or landscape mode. And different soft keys are used.

0 Likes
castpics

Not my model

My model # is no longer on the Samsung Intensity III list.

0 Likes
mrpearsoy
Contributor - Level 3

tikibar1 wrote:

Yes, apparently there is more to know ... page 23 has nothing to do with taking pictures, it's a brief description about the soft keys and some of their functions.  Page 108 is specifically about taking photos ... when you press the Camera Key on the right side of the phone, doesn't the camera open in landscape?  Then once you compose your picture, aren't you pressing the Camera Key on the right side of the phone or the center select key TAKE to take a photo?  Then once you take the photo, don't you then have the options of pressing the right soft key to delete the photo, pressing the left soft key to save the photo in MyPictures, or pressing the center Select key to attach the photo to a text message?

I was wondering how the manual could have such a big jump from page 23 to page 108 in regards to taking pictures - Im thinking that in her haste, the OP did not read the manual like she thought she did, and as a result, deleted her own pics, thereby showing that there was no glitch with the phone, it was user error. Id even be willing to stop in the store tomorrow to look at the phone, as I will be in that area anyway.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have my suspicions about what's going on, but will refrain ...

The OP says that the model phone they have isn't what's on Samsung's web site; however, Verizon's Samsung Intensity III is, indeed, the SCH-U485.  And to take pictures with it, you press the camera key on the side of the phone to activate the camera, then use the same key to snap a shot ... no soft key unless you want to manipulate the photo.  Either they don't have an Intensity III, read a different manual, mis-read the manual, something ...

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

What is your model then, because the phone linked above IS the Samsung Intensity III.

0 Likes
castpics

I read your opinion and defense. Hope Samsung appreciates you. Verizon contacted me to say:

Hello Castpics,

I can't even begin to express my sincerest apologies for what occured while you were vacationing.  I personally know first hand how hard it is to lose photos that you will never be able to "re-take". 

I looked through our recorded reports for this issue and I myself was surprised to not find any.  I will gladly send this feedback to our liason between us and Samsung to ensure this valuable process is easy to use and has an appropriate display when in landscape mode.

I look forward to an software update to correct this!

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to let us know.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

castpics wrote:

I looked through our recorded reports for this issue and I myself was surprised to not find any.

'nuff said

0 Likes