How do I deactivate my phone?
dizzykitten

I have a basic phone for me and an iPhone 4S for my daughter on the same plan. It is just too expensive to afford anymore, and I don't really use my phone, so I want to cut it off, but keep hers on.

My contract does not end until May 30, 2013.

How do I deactivate my phone, and how much will it cost? Can I do it online?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I deactivate my phone?
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

You've fulfilled 13 months of your contract, and the early termination fee for basic phones is $175 minus $5 for every month fulfilled. So your ETF will be about $110.

I did not see a terminate service option in My Verizon, but maybe it's buried in there somewhere. Or call customer service and someone will take care of this for you.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

SydneyK wrote:

I did not see a terminate service option in My Verizon, but maybe it's buried in there somewhere. Or call customer service and someone will take care of this for you.

You have to call customer service in order to cancel a line of service.  You cannot do it online, so there is no option "buried" on the website, it's just not there.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I certainly don't want to lose you as a customer dizzykitten!  I would love to review your account and research any options to save while keeping your device active.  Please send me a DM with your name and mobile number, so I may further assist you.  Thank you. 

TominqueB_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MilitaryPops

You can suspend the service on that line and not be billed for it each month

0 Likes