How do I delete "locked" text messages on my LG Env3?
4news

We have switched phones and this one is rarely used.  I need to delete the messages that are on it.  I did most of them but some are locked and therefore won't allow me to delete them.  I cannot figure out how to unlock them.  I don't see anything about this in the manual.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I unlock text messages on my LG Env3 - I want to delete them, but they are locked. (Not the phone but the messages themselves)
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can do a factory reset of the device to wipe everything off of it and start new.

Menu -->Settings --> Security --> Restore or Reset....

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How do I unlock text messages on my LG Env3 - I want to delete them, but they are locked. (Not the phone but the messages themselves)
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Manage Inbox Allows you to erase, lock, or unlock your Inbox messages.  To get there, go to a message that is locked.  Left soft key and OPEN the message, then right soft key and select Manage Messages.  Choose Manage Inbox to lock or unlock that specific message.

Page 43/44 of your user manual.  https://www.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/pdf/Final%20enV3%20UG%20English.pdf

0 Likes
4news

Actually , I didn't explain my situation clearly enough.  I can lock and unlock messages that are new.  These are old messages from the number that used to be connected this phone.  We updated some phones, but since I have a work phone we kept this one as my extra.  The numbers and contacts were from the previous number and therefore do not show the lock or unlock feature now under this number.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can do a factory reset of the device to wipe everything off of it and start new.

Menu -->Settings --> Security --> Restore or Reset....

0 Likes
4news

That did it.  Thank you!!!!

0 Likes
Charlie811

I have the Verizon Kyocera flip phone and somehow the text messages got locked and I have tried everything to erase them and nothing works. I noted that next to the message is a pink circle with a initial inside.  Any ideas?  Thank you for any help.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
Re: How do I unlock text messages on my LG Env3
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Charlie811, it is important to be able to manage your device the best way you see possible. Below is a link that shows step by step how to delete messages. When you see the error message you mentioned next to the message, is there any details given when you click on it? What initial is showing within the circle?

-Joshua

0 Likes