How do I get Backup Assistant to work on a Samsung SCH-u640? I can change the PIN, but I can't back-up (always says I entered the wrong PIN). This locks up the phone and is ruining the battery life!
joe-9

I can set a PIN for Backup Assistant.

When Backup Assistant tries to run, it locks up and asks for the PIN.

I enter the PIN, and it's rejected as incorrect.

If I get a PIN reminder, it matches the PIN I entered!

This is really bothersome -- I can't stop Backup Assistant from running, and it won't work properly.

The result is the phone locks up until I manually close out of Backup Assistant.

And the battery runs down pretty quickly.

Yecch!

Any ideas? Please advise. Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I get Backup Assistant to work on a Samsung SCH-u640? I can change the PIN, but I can't back-up (always says I entered the wrong PIN). This locks up the phone and is ruining the battery life!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yecch is right! I'm sorry to see there have been issue with the Backup Assistant PIN. Can you recall when this started happening? Was there a PIN or phone change that happened prior to this happening?
When you go to Media Center>Browse and Download>BackUp Assistant>Options do you see an option sot Upgrade Check? If there isn't an option for that, power the phone off/on and please try to access it again.
Lastly, you should try to reset the application by following the steps here http://vz.to/1AHpMIo.
Please let me know what happens.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes