How do I get my money back when I talk to people who run me in circles? (for their amusement)
sumsin90

How do I get my money back? I tried to buy a phone from Verizon over the phone. They sent me a refurbished phone (without my knowledge) that allowed me to activate a pay as you go account. Then the phone would not open, so I could not use the account. I immediately contacted the number provided in the box and after a couple of hours I finally was able to get the helper to do a 14 day refund deal. I told him I was unhappy because I got a phone that did not work and wanted to quit the account and get a refund. Now it is going on a month later (tomorrow will be a month) and I still cannot get my money back. Although I have been informed that...

1) my money was posted to my account of the card I payed with. (lie)

2) Although I was assured that they had received my returned phone, another person informed me that there is no record of the phone being returned. (lie)

3) I was informed that there is no record of me paying with a credit card. (lie)

Does anyone know how to contact someone that can be truthful and help me?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I get my money back when I talk to people who run me in circles? (for their amusement)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be delighted to review this matter for you sumsin90! I do offer my apologies for the delay. For additional assistance please reach out to our Prepaid Team at 888-294-6804. We look forward to hearing from you soon, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
Re: How do I get my money back when I talk to people who run me in circles? (for their amusement)
Not applicable

Contact the credit card company and have them do a charge back.

Tell them the device was not new, and it was broken on receipt, tell them you cancelled the service and that you want your money back.

They will reverse the charge

The return phone not received scam is quite often posted here. Just search the forum. All you need is a tracking receipt to show it was given to the post office, or even scanned any place along the way and you are not liable.

Small claims court just loves these cases.

Good Luck

0 Likes