How do I get photos off my LG Revere® 3?
StuartJ

Has a USB cable for charging it but apparently cant access photos with it. And I don't see any way to actually tell the phone what my email adresss is to email it to myself.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I get photos off my LG Revere® 3
Brin1690
Enthusiast - Level 1

I bought a Bluetooth dongle from amazon for a couple of bucks.  When you insert the dongle, Windows 7 loads the drivers automatically and put the Bluetooth icon and menu in your tray.  Right click on the icon and click add a device, Make sure your phone is on, then go to your phone menu, settings and tools, blue tooth, click options and then discovery mode, ON, and pair up your computer with the phone that way.  Your computer will give you a code and you type the code into your phone and you are paired up.  Then receiving files is rather easy:

To Transfer picture to computer:

1. connect Bluetooth dongle to computer

2. On PC Bluetooth dongle menu, right click and click on "receive a file."

3. a (to send all pictures at one)   On phone, setting and tools > Bluetooth menu>choose your computer on the list> send picture> mark the photos that you want sent to your computer> send or ok

Works like a charm once I figured out how to do it. 

View solution in original post

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can send a text message, but use your email address in the TO: field instead of a phone number.  Tedious, yes, but it will get the photos to your computer to save.

The other option is using BitPim, a software program that allows access to the internals of your phone. but use it with caution, you can brick the phone if you delete or move the wrong file(s).  BitPim.org

0 Likes
Brin1690
Enthusiast - Level 1

I bought a Bluetooth dongle from amazon for a couple of bucks.  When you insert the dongle, Windows 7 loads the drivers automatically and put the Bluetooth icon and menu in your tray.  Right click on the icon and click add a device, Make sure your phone is on, then go to your phone menu, settings and tools, blue tooth, click options and then discovery mode, ON, and pair up your computer with the phone that way.  Your computer will give you a code and you type the code into your phone and you are paired up.  Then receiving files is rather easy:

To Transfer picture to computer:

1. connect Bluetooth dongle to computer

2. On PC Bluetooth dongle menu, right click and click on "receive a file."

3. a (to send all pictures at one)   On phone, setting and tools > Bluetooth menu>choose your computer on the list> send picture> mark the photos that you want sent to your computer> send or ok

Works like a charm once I figured out how to do it. 

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, bluetooth is another option for transferring files - thanks for sharing that!

0 Likes