How do I move contacts to a new phone?
robst4

I have a Verizon Samsung flip phone that has served me very well.  I want to switch to a Consumer Cellular MOTO G4 Play.  How can I transfer my contact list to my new phone?  Can I do this myself?  I haven't the heart to ask the highly competent technical people at the Verizon Wireless store to do this for me, if they even would.  Verizon offers a great, reliable wireless service, clearly THE best, and Verizon Navigator has gotten me home safely many many times; but it sure costs a lot, and I don't need as good a network as that anymore where I travel.  My current cell bill is over $150 a month, and I think I can get that down to $15 a month or less with the other carrier.  Approaching retirement, I need to find ways to cut expenses.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Moving contacts to a new phone
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can download the contact list (through your login at Verizonwireless.com, My Devices, cloud content and media....) to a csv file.  Then import that csv file with your new carrier.

I'm not sure there is any cell service for $15 a month - basic or otherwise.  Where are you finding this deal?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mflandshark
Contributor - Level 3

Unfortunately there is no way to get a plan for 15.00 a month with a smart phone. If its just your one line you should be able to get it lower than 150.00

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can download the contact list (through your login at Verizonwireless.com, My Devices, cloud content and media....) to a csv file.  Then import that csv file with your new carrier.

I'm not sure there is any cell service for $15 a month - basic or otherwise.  Where are you finding this deal?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

robst4, we're excited about your upcoming retirement. We definitely understand the need to lower costs as your income will be drastically changing. Have you considered our prepaid service? http://vz.to/2ezjOdc 

I apologize. We don't have a feature or service that allows you to transfer your contacts from your Verizon Wireless device to a different device provisioned on another network. However, there are third party applications like, Google, Yahoo, and other e-mail services that will store your contacts and allow you to upload them to your new phone.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
robst4

Thank you. One of the people who sent me a response pointed me to enable cloud storage where I downloaded my existing Verizon contacts to a crude spreadsheet. I am good now. – Bob B.

0 Likes