How do I resolve "searching for service" issues?
SGrey24

My phone has been "searching for service" all day but it was previously working last night. Any other similar issues? Troubleshooting tips are appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I resolve "searching for service" issues?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'll be happy to address your concerns regarding your service. We'd like a little more information from you. What is your ZIP code? Do you know of any other Verizon Wireless customers in your area that are experiencing the same issue? What, if any, troubleshooting steps have you already completed?

DeannaL_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Response" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SGrey24

I have a US-Canadian plan and live in British Columbia on Vancouver Island.

I have already completed a soft reset several times and traveled to a few

different locations today and the "searching for service" status did not

change. Thanks!

On Sat, Jan 23, 2016 at 11:02 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
VERYUNHAPPY0420
Enthusiast - Level 3

Try putting on WiFi then put on 3G/4G.  See if those work.  If either one is working, then there is something else wrong.  Make sure you have mobile data ENABLED in the preferences for WiFi.  Also, you have to make sure you put in the password for the WiFi, also make sure you didn't check the box that says something like automatically drop WiFi connection if connection gets weak.  Try all of that out and see if u still have a problem.  I have a feeling you have data disabled instead of enabled.

Good luck

0 Likes